Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Oussama
Regular Visitor

Power BI embeded report data source problem

After fllowing all steps to embed a PBI report, I still have this connection problem.
The report have a direct connection to an SSAS cube.
what could be the reason ?
test.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Oussama Unless I'm missing something, I don't think that is a supported data source yet.

FAQ

What data sources are currently supported with Power BI Embedded?

During the public preview of the service, we are going to support access to cloud data sources that use basic credentials via Direct Query. This means that sources such as Azure SQL DB, HDInsight Spark and Azure SQL DW are supported right now. We will add support for other data sources and access types in the coming months. We’ll announce new supported data sources on the Power BI developer site at http://dev.powerbi.com.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

@Oussama Unless I'm missing something, I don't think that is a supported data source yet.

FAQ

What data sources are currently supported with Power BI Embedded?

During the public preview of the service, we are going to support access to cloud data sources that use basic credentials via Direct Query. This means that sources such as Azure SQL DB, HDInsight Spark and Azure SQL DW are supported right now. We will add support for other data sources and access types in the coming months. We’ll announce new supported data sources on the Power BI developer site at http://dev.powerbi.com.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

Thx my friend, I think you are right because a connection with import data option works fine.

Hi Oussama,

How did you acheive connection with import data option.  If you can share the code behind that will be of great help.

Best Regards

Cheenusing

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution and also give KUDOS !

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.