Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Nath_BI
Regular Visitor

Power BI embedded capacity pricing and multi tenants in Azure AD

Hi all,

We're currently looking into the possibilities of the Power Embedded version from an ISV point of view. We have created for each of our clients an indepedent Azure Active Directory Tenant. 

We'd like to have an application where these clients can log in and access their reports (exactly what the PBI Embedded is supposed to do). I was wondering how this will go with deploying the nodes. Do you deploy the capacity in the tenant account or is it possible to acquire capacity and dedicate it to multiple tenants? 

If you have to deploy capacity seperately for every tenant, it will make this a lot less attractive from an ISV point of view in my opinion. 

I apologize if im asking the obvious or missed a very important step. We are only exploring the opportunitities and I am fairly new to the developing side of Power BI and Azure Active Directory. Thanks in advance!

1 REPLY 1
Eric_Zhang
Employee
Employee

@Nath_BI wrote:

Hi all,

We're currently looking into the possibilities of the Power Embedded version from an ISV point of view. We have created for each of our clients an indepedent Azure Active Directory Tenant. 

We'd like to have an application where these clients can log in and access their reports (exactly what the PBI Embedded is supposed to do). I was wondering how this will go with deploying the nodes. Do you deploy the capacity in the tenant account or is it possible to acquire capacity and dedicate it to multiple tenants? 

If you have to deploy capacity seperately for every tenant, it will make this a lot less attractive from an ISV point of view in my opinion. 

I apologize if im asking the obvious or missed a very important step. We are only exploring the opportunitities and I am fairly new to the developing side of Power BI and Azure Active Directory. Thanks in advance!

@Nath_BI

What is concern about the highlighted? In Power BI Embedded, the embedded reports viewer can be everyone, so I'm not getting your concern about tenant.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.