Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Charline_74
Helper III
Helper III

Power BI deployment pipeline Azure DevOps Dataflow

Hello

Is it possible to deploy a dataflow with an Azure DevOps pipeline ?

Just for information I'm using a Service Principal to run the pipeline. 

Thanks in Advance, 

Charline

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Charline_74,

You can take a look at the following link about azure DevOps to invoke rest API, then you can refer them to use azure DevOps to integrate power bi rest API.

Invoke HTTP REST API task - Azure Pipelines | Microsoft Learn

Dataflows - REST API (Power BI Power BI REST APIs) | Microsoft Learn

Notice: 

current power bi seems not support to use API directly create a dataflow, so I think you may need to create it at first, and then you can use API to modify them.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

hello @carolpz

The solution I found is to use a Service Account + The deployment task of the Power BI Automation Tools extension

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Daryl-Lynch-Bzy
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @Charline_74 - you can you the import api to upload the dataflow json. Imports - Post Import In Group - REST API (Power BI Power BI REST APIs) | Microsoft Learn.  The irony is that you need to use Power BI to create the json file.

@v-shex-msft 

carolpz
Regular Visitor

Hello, @Charline_74. Did you find a solution for deploying dataflow with Devops?

@v-shex-msft is there a way to move the dataflow from a workspace to another using APIs? I only see APIs to change, but not to deploy (even by power bi Deployment pipelines).

I'm looking for a solution to dataflow deployment, but I couldn't find a way to automate this. 

Thank you in advance.

Carol

hello @carolpz

The solution I found is to use a Service Account + The deployment task of the Power BI Automation Tools extension

v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Charline_74,

You can take a look at the following link about azure DevOps to invoke rest API, then you can refer them to use azure DevOps to integrate power bi rest API.

Invoke HTTP REST API task - Azure Pipelines | Microsoft Learn

Dataflows - REST API (Power BI Power BI REST APIs) | Microsoft Learn

Notice: 

current power bi seems not support to use API directly create a dataflow, so I think you may need to create it at first, and then you can use API to modify them.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.