Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ashwinibh
Frequent Visitor

Power BI Workspace Collections is being retired. Do I need any migration if I am using local pbix.

Hello,

This is in reference with email received recently from microsoft which says- Power BI Workspace Collections is being retired. Migrate to Power BI Embedded by June 30, 2018.

I am using a pbix file which has queries with direct query connection to Azure SQL database.

I open this file from app.powerbi.com -  My Workspace-> Get data-> Files-> Local file-> and open a pbix stored locally.

Please let me know if this will still work after June 30, or do I need to make any changes?

Regards,

Ashwini

1 REPLY 1

This change will not impact your reports in Workspaces in Power BI Service. Workspace Collections were part of an earlier generation of Power BI Embedded, and it's unfortunately coincidental that the names are similar.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.