Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

powerkriya
Frequent Visitor

Power BI Usage Metrics

Currently Usage Metrics available for only 90 days.  I am looking for a way to get report usage metrics data for more than 90 days to build reports for historical trends.

The other option is through Power BI Activity events API and Office 365 Power BI audit logs but for that, I need Power BI Service Admin rights which I think its highly impossible to get it because its a larger organization.

2 REPLIES 2
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

in the Usage Metrics report create a page with a flat table visual, add the fields you are interested in, and periodically export that table to your long term storage.

Thanks @lbendlin.  I thought of doing that, but I am looking for automation to do that export data periodically and seamlessly.  I do see an API released by the Power BI team recently would help to automate the export.  But I am not feeling good about this architecture (i.e hitting a power bi report to export the data to the database and again generating a report using that historical data). 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.