Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

jfar3
Frequent Visitor

Power BI Tiles (Tables) Scrolling in PowerApps [Previously worked, now doesn't]

I have a few Power BI tiles of tables that I have added to Power Apps.  Previously, when using the Power App, a scrollbar was visible in the tiles, and a user could scoll inside the tile's table.  In the past couple of weeks, this feature hasn't worked.  I'm not sure if this is from an update to Power Apps or Tiles.  If I go to focus mode on a dashboard or to the report, you can scroll the table, but ideally, I'd not like for users to exit the Power App to scroll a table.  Anyone also encounter this issue recently?  Any fixes found for this any issue?  

I'm see scrolling works when embedding a full BI page into a tile as opposed to an individual visual.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @jfar3 ,

Pin an entire page, the tiles are live; you can interact with them right there on the dashboard.Unlike with individual visualization tiles, changes made in the report are automatically synced with the dashboard.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/create-reports/service-dashboard-pin-live-tile-from-report 

Best Regards,
Liang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I found out after trying. Under the property "Display Mode" it has to be "Edit" instead "View"

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just want to see if this problem is solved? I pinned "Live" a dashboard and set interaction and API to TRUE. It is still not scrolling. Moreover, all the filters that in PowerApps are not working with my PowerBI tile. Thanks

V-lianl-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @jfar3 ,

If you set powerbiinteractions to false, the scrolling no longer works.

If you fix a single static dashboard, as far as I know, it does not support scrolling the visual. Only the tile size can be changed.

Best Regards,
Liang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Liang, thank you for your response!  I checked and I have had powerbiinteractions set to true.  AllowNewAPI is also set to true.  

I'm not sure if I understand the second part.  Could you explain what 'fix a single static dashboard' means?  

@V-lianl-msft 

Hi @jfar3 ,

Pin an entire page, the tiles are live; you can interact with them right there on the dashboard.Unlike with individual visualization tiles, changes made in the report are automatically synced with the dashboard.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/create-reports/service-dashboard-pin-live-tile-from-report 

Best Regards,
Liang

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi I had the similar problem. After Pinned live, my table is still not scrolling in PowerApps. However, in PowerBI reports, it is working just fine. Would you please suggest? Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors