Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Power BI Session Expired on PowerBI

Hi All

Intermittentaly, I  am getting below mentioned error from 12 th Feb 2020.

"Your Power BI session expired

The current Power BI session can no longer be used to communicate with the Power BI service because of a service modification.  You must close and re-open your browser to start a new session."

I am using Power BI Embedded and have A1 licencse as well.

Is anyone idea about it

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable
19 REPLIES 19
Belgium

Hello, I'm having this error since Yesterday when signing into PBi Service... 
- I tried log-out of all different devices and logins

- restarded computer

-> I can access the reports in the mobile app but the service is not working in either Safari nor Firefox

Same here!

In a incognito browser it works.. 

Helena_Li

It may caused by a double sign in in the same browser. Try to close the original sign in in the first browser as it only allows you to sign in once in the same browser. 

Bcerveira
Frequent Visitor

Anyone else facing the same issue? Does Microsoft changed something on the meantime?

Quentin
Helper III
Helper III

Hello there,

Well i do have the same issue with all the reports of the organization.... any solution to provide? 
We use the share embed report in webstie or portal...

JuliusKairion
Regular Visitor

Since beginning of this day we experience this error again, but only for our colleagues in other countries. We host the PowerBI dashboards from Germany, all colleagues based in Germany have no problem, all colleagues based in other countries within the EU get the error message and get logged of. Sometimes even right after logging in! 🙄

rramiao
Regular Visitor

I got the same today, 24/07/2020. 
Shouldn't this be already fixed by now?
Any idea on how to submit this issue to Microsoft?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Power BI is not the most intelligent software.  This message randomly appears for no known reason or when the dataset source changes.  This message can be cleared by updating your credentials and/or updating the report link in SharePoint.

leocheang
Regular Visitor

Same as mine. I'm using the PoweBI embedded report.

When launch the report, it will popup this alert..

Image 24.png

avigdorth
Frequent Visitor

Having the same problem still. This does not appear to be "fixed".

Anonymous
Not applicable

@avigdorth  - According to the Microsoft, issue has ebeen resolved. If still, you are facing this issue. You should raise a ticket to Micorosft

Kind Regards

Ashwani

Anonymous
Not applicable

Nope. Guess again.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi All,

I have also faced the same issue and still no luck.

Looks like the problem is with Power BI embeded report pages are getting redirect on landing/sign-in page and throwing given error.

It is primariliy happening in Firefox/Safari on browser new instance.

If I am making this "https://app.powerbi.com/?noSignUpCheck=1" as home page and saved the password than the issue looks like resolved

BUT i am having many executives who uses FireFox and I can't say this as solution.

We need to have fixed backend solution, Please help with solution as soon as possible.

Regards, Alok

Anonymous
Not applicable

We're having the same issue with multiple embedded Power BI reports in an azure web app. It is intermittent.

Untitled.png

Anonymous
Not applicable
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous - Thanks for sharing the link. Its great help of me

The most recent update from Microsoft Support says:

the fix will be published to product on 3rd of March by the end of day.

Regards,

Joanna

Same problem here, actually we have several real time dashboars in production and our customers was reporting the problem.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm having the same issue with multiple embedded Power BI reports. They're embedded to SharePoint Online.

I tried re-embedding them to SharePoint with no luck.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors