Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

EAB1977
Regular Visitor

Power BI Service & Python visual questions

My company is using a historgram with some customizations to it to display a histogram how we want based on the data that is returned. These are the packages we are using within the Power BI Desktop

import matplotlib.pyplot as plt
import numpy as np
import math

When our code is all said and done, the visual displays just as we needed it to and works as intended. But, when we push this to the Power BI service, we end up getting this error.

EAB1977_0-1660745985904.png

Looking at the documentation located here, it appears that we are adhearing to the supported Python packages other than the math module. It also states something about the Power BI service supports packages published in PyPI. Since my company is using the math module, does that need to go there?

I am searching for answers. The weird thing is, sometimes the visual works and other times it doesn't.
3 REPLIES 3
EAB1977
Regular Visitor

Yes, the display is up and running 24/7.

I asked about the personal gateway app, not the display.  Python and R visuals on the Power BI Service only work with Personal Gateways.

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Can you confirm that the personal gateway that you have set up for this is running at the time your users attempt to use the visual?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.