Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

gpminsuk
Regular Visitor

Power BI Rest API Internal Server Error 500

Hi,

Power BI REST API is failing with 500 Internal Server Error from Apiary

This is the API

Add Rows: POST https://api.powerbi.com/v1.0/myorg/groups/{group_id}/datasets/{dataset_id}/tables/{table_name}/rows

And this is the response

HEADERS
  • connection:keep-alive
  • cache-control:no-store, must-revalidate, no-cache
  • transfer-encoding:chunked
  • content-type:application/json; charset=utf-8
  • server:Microsoft-HTTPAPI/2.0,Microsoft-HTTPAPI/2.0 Microsoft-HTTPAPI/2.0
  • strict-transport-security:max-age=31536000; includeSubDomains
  • x-frame-options:deny
  • x-content-type-options:nosniff
  • requestid:4e06760a-222d-47d6-9ccc-a97f98de2c32
  • date:Mon, 15 May 2017 19:54:18 GMT
  • x-newrelic-app-data:PxQDVFVRCQITVlZRDgcFV0YdFGQHBDcQUQxLA1tMXV1dSnwZQRNWERdcRE42LGtnH0tLQBsBGVZXBBoCTF9UWwVWD1oJChgfAkkbVFMHVwNSDwcHUQUPVghGTQRWXUQDOQ==
  • via:1.1 vegur
BODY

{
  "error": {
    "code": "GeneralException",
    "message": "Failed to process dataset PostRows",
    "target": "PostRows",
    "details": [
      {
        "message": "SQL row count query failed: Database unreadable Server: tcp:dfmsitwcussql.database.windows.net, Database: DF-MSIT-SCUS-RestaUserDataStore-0, Command: SQLText"
      }
    ]
  }
}

Is this global issue? Please investigate.

Thanks,

-Minsuk

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Eric_Zhang
Employee
Employee

@gpminsuk

The API works at the moment I post. Could you be more specific how you called it? I just tested the API with the dataset sample in this demo and it indeed added rows to the table in one dataset of one group. If the error still persists in your end, I'd guess it might be some issue on some cluster node then you'' have to create a support ticket.

By the way, the add rows API only works with the datasets created via REST API.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Ran accross the same issue. In my case someone left the company that owned the dataset and the connection was to a legacy system. 

1. Logged in as Admin
  2. Created a small table in an excel file and published that directly to the workspace
  3. Updated the app to add it and hide the one giving the issue
  4. Then in the workspace settings under Other I was able to delete the workspace
  5. (Also deleted the deployment pipeline 🙂

Good luck this was way longer to do than I wanted. 

Guy in a Cube on YouTube also has one using powershell etc. for orphaned workspaces, I didn't need it but was going to do next.

Anonymous
Not applicable

You can try disabling "parrallel query processing" and "background data" in the query options. This worked for me.

Eric_Zhang
Employee
Employee

@gpminsuk

The API works at the moment I post. Could you be more specific how you called it? I just tested the API with the dataset sample in this demo and it indeed added rows to the table in one dataset of one group. If the error still persists in your end, I'd guess it might be some issue on some cluster node then you'' have to create a support ticket.

By the way, the add rows API only works with the datasets created via REST API.

I am having this same problem. It had been working perfectly fine for a couple weeks and today all of a sudden it stopped working after I tested it from a different test client application I built. Now it won't work on either of my applications and I did not change the way I call it or any of the data I am passing to it...thoughts?

Hi @CodySigvartson,

Did you manage to solve this? I have the same problem.

Lisa

Now it works!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.