Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Power BI Reporting cost optimization

We have a reporting solution wherein we transfer data from multiple databases to a single Azure SQL database, which is migrated to Azure analytical services, that are then used to generate the Power BI reports. These reports are embedded into a web application using Power BI Embedded.

Given the license cost of analytical services and power bi Embedded licenses, the overall cost of the solution comes to USD 2500, for the configuration below.

Azure App Service - B1 - USD 55

Azure SQL Database - S3 - USD 172

Azure Active Directory - Basic - USD 1.5 for a single user

Azure Data Factory - USD 150

Power BI Embedded - A1 - USD 700

Azure Analysis Services - B2 - USD 600 

As you may see, this is the cost when I have used only the first pricing tiers for my solution. The count of my customers will be in single digit for the foreseeable future, the cost per user is currently quite steep.

I am looking for references and suggestions that can help bring down my solution's overall cost. Thank you for your help.

2 REPLIES 2
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

I think that all depends on your needs. For example, the number of end users, the size of data. Just see from your list, if it's possible to do all the analysis work in the Power BI instead of Azure Analysis Services.

Best Regards,

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @v-jiascu-msft,

Thanks for your feedback. We worked on the feedback that you have provided and below are the results.

We are having a large amount of data and there is a limit that max file size uploaded to power bi services is 1GB so I think we can't move our analysis part to Power BI. And We also thought about using Direct Query Mode but that also resulted in the performance degradation.

Kindly suggest if there is some other part where we can save our costs.

Thanks,

Ankit

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.