Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Power BI Report Embedding

Hi guys, 
We are currently developing an application and I need to embed some Power BI Reports into the application but I have a few concerns and things I am currently struggling with: 

- How best can I embed the report(s) in the application? Can I use an API? 
- How best can I apply data governance on the reports to make sure only the assigned users are reading relevant reports?

Please offer any assistance in the manner I can achieve this. Much appreciated. 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
v-yiruan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Power BI embedded analytics offers two following solutions, they allow you to embed your Power BI items such as reports, dashboards and tiles, in a web application or in a website. You can choose one solution that suits you based on your scenario and needs.

And here are some videos that explain in great detail, which will also help you.

Embed Power BI Report for Customers

Embed Power BI Report for Organization using User Owns Data

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, @v-yiruan-msft

Thank you very much for your reply. The documentation has helped. 

Much appreciated.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

You could also consider using a pre-built white label solution like the Reporting Hub:  https://thereportinghub.com.  Deploys in minutes and no code required.   It allows you to take advantage of Power BI Embedded without the complexity or development.    

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, @v-yiruan-msft

Thank you very much for your reply. The documentation has helped. 

Much appreciated.

v-yiruan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Power BI embedded analytics offers two following solutions, they allow you to embed your Power BI items such as reports, dashboards and tiles, in a web application or in a website. You can choose one solution that suits you based on your scenario and needs.

And here are some videos that explain in great detail, which will also help you.

Embed Power BI Report for Customers

Embed Power BI Report for Organization using User Owns Data

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.