Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

eskyline
Resolver I
Resolver I

Power BI REST API GetReportsInGroupAsAdmin returning deleted items, anyway around this?

Hi folks,

I'm using the GetReportsInGroupAsAdmin and GetDatasetsInGroupAsAdmin methods in the REST API to create an inventory of items in our tenant.  We are not on Premium.

I've found that these methods return items that do NOT appear in the service UI.  I assume they were there and are deleted.  The Dataset and Report objects that are returned do not have any State property that indicates these items are not valid.  I'm wondering if anyone has seen this and/or has a solution.  There is a filter parm for the calls but I'm unsure of what property could be used as one does not get returned in the response that would indicate the deletion.

I could call the GetDatasetByID method passing in the group and dataset id and that method does create a NotFound exception but I'd rather not go that route.  I also noticed that the regular GetDatasetsInGroup method does NOT return the deleted items.

I am using the wrapper assembly provided on Nuget.

Any ideas are appreciated,

Thanks

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors