Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Power BI + Python + Scrollable Table?

Hi All,

I am trying to find out if scrollable Tables using Python are possible inside of Power BI. I was able to get MatPlotLab table working but it looks like no scrolling is possible. I know it should be somehow I hope.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

OK I gave up on Python to create a scrolling table it is simply not possible and adds complexity to the code. So I ended up using Power Query to create a dataset I needed then added the data from that to a table visual that supports scrolling.

I now know three ways to use Python with Power BI so it was worth the effort.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi All,

I am a newbe using Power BI and Python. I am wondering if I can use Python with other visualizations other than just the Py or Python visualization. I need a scrollable table visualization and MatPlotLib just does not seem the answer. I could be wrong and would love to be proven wrong.

Thanks!

Anonymous
Not applicable

I did some research and it appears you use a plotting library of some sort but there is none that supports a spreadsheet visual and th GUI components for Python do not work with Power BI. So it looks like Python has very limited use with Power BI for now.

Anonymous
Not applicable

OK I gave up on Python to create a scrolling table it is simply not possible and adds complexity to the code. So I ended up using Power Query to create a dataset I needed then added the data from that to a table visual that supports scrolling.

I now know three ways to use Python with Power BI so it was worth the effort.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.