Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Power BI Publish to web (public) vs. Power BI Embedded for mobile responsive single use case

Hello All,

I am the sole user of Power BI at my non-profit organisation of a few hundred employees (Pro user, not very experienced as a developer) and we are launching a public facing website to raise awareness about our cause using our data (we're a non-profit).

We're working with our third-part web-developer's to embed my Power BI report into a website.

My report has data within it (with all sensetive and personally-identifyable information removed). This report is hosted in the service.

We can't get a mobile responsive experience we understand now with this option but could do with Power BI embedded (we've had sucess using the https://microsoft.github.io/PowerBI-JavaScript/demo/v2-demo/index.html.

My question is would we really need to go through the process of upgrading to Power BI embedded just so our web developers can create a mobile responsive experience for this single website?

There's no other option or workaround for us to embed a single report on a single webpage and have it be mobile responsive?

It's such an expensive option for this single use case that I wanted to reach out and ask if I've misunderstood something or if anyone has any other ideas?

4 REPLIES 4
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous Sorry, what is the issue you have with Publish to Web? Are you saying it doesn't provide a good mobile experience?

Perhaps this helps. https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/Power-BI-Licensing-in-Pictures-Updated/ba-p/1291304

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, it is not responsive when viewed on a mobile; and the public will consume this website with my report embedded mostly on mobile.

To be clear it's not for customer / affiliates or employees but the public. They won't be using Power BI, the app or even know what it is most likely.

To clarify I am pushing my report out in a webpage the the public to consume; you and I should be able to navigate to my website on mobile and see a mobile responsive website (so visuals automatically resize etc.)

It seems we need the embedded option but for a single report into a single webiste this is so overpriced I feel stuck.

@Anonymous That sounds like a problem with your website quite honestly or what Publish to Web embed link you are using. If you go to any Quick Measure Gallery entry, which are all Publish to Web, they all are responsive and resize based upon the size of the screen. Like this one: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Quick-Measures-Gallery/Blowout/td-p/1391913

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...
Anonymous
Not applicable

Screenshot_20200924-123727_Chrome.jpg

 Thanks. I have attached a screenshot of my view on Android of the above link. Perhaps I'm not understanding but should not mobile responsive have resized the objects so they're readable? This is how my report looks too and it's not ideal.

Really appreciate your time by the way. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.