Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Power BI Pro or Embedded to exchange data

Dear community, 

my colleague and I going to build an application for testing the exchange of data via REST API. 

We have Pro licences. Is that enough to test or do we need embedded capacity anyway? 

Thank you in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Jayendran
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @Anonymous 

Usually Embedded Capacity is recommend for the Production work load

As per the FAQ of PBI Embedded 

Embed tokens with PRO license are intended for development testing, so a Power BI master account or service principal can only generate a limited number of tokens. Purchase a capacity for embedding in a production environment. There's no limit to how many embed tokens you can generate when you purchase a capacity. Go to Available Features to check the usage value that indicates the current embedded usage in percentage.

So my recommendation for the testing purpose you can go without embedded capacity saying you already having the pro license.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Jayendran
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @Anonymous 

Usually Embedded Capacity is recommend for the Production work load

As per the FAQ of PBI Embedded 

Embed tokens with PRO license are intended for development testing, so a Power BI master account or service principal can only generate a limited number of tokens. Purchase a capacity for embedding in a production environment. There's no limit to how many embed tokens you can generate when you purchase a capacity. Go to Available Features to check the usage value that indicates the current embedded usage in percentage.

So my recommendation for the testing purpose you can go without embedded capacity saying you already having the pro license.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.