cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
acurilcenco

Power BI Licence Question

We have the unit pricing for PowerBI hosted by Azure, as I did those calculations this spring.  We need info on using PowerBI off of Azure, in a local network environment. Is there a developer cost if our developers needed it to develop dashboard for project?  Is there a server license for PowerBi to deploy those dashboards as part of an intranet internally?  Is there a user license cost?  Can we even use PowerBI outside of Azure? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Eric_Zhang
Microsoft
Microsoft

@acurilcenco wrote:

We have the unit pricing for PowerBI hosted by Azure, as I did those calculations this spring.  We need info on using PowerBI off of Azure, in a local network environment. Is there a developer cost if our developers needed it to develop dashboard for project?  Is there a server license for PowerBi to deploy those dashboards as part of an intranet internally?  Is there a user license cost?  Can we even use PowerBI outside of Azure? 

@acurilcenco

I think Power BI Report Server is actually what you need. As to the price, you can reference this thread. For further question, please post in the dedicated Report Server forum, you'll get more proper response there. 🙂

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Eric_Zhang
Microsoft
Microsoft

@acurilcenco wrote:

@acurilcenco

I think Power BI Report Server is actually what you need. As to the price, you can reference this thread. For further question, please post in the dedicated Report Server forum, you'll get more proper response there. 🙂

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI User Groups

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Get Ready for Power BI Dev Camp

Power BI Dev Camp - June 24th

Mark your calendars and join us for our next Power BI Dev Camp!

Top Kudoed Authors