Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Sakshi
Helper I
Helper I

Power BI Javascript - report.setFilters() functionality issue

Current Implementation:

We have a report embedded in a web application with the help of Power BI Javascript. This report has some pre-defined report level filters including a filter on date-range.

Our web-application provides a date-picker for altering the date-range on which the report data needs to be displayed. So, the functionality that is implemented in web-application is as follows:

- Filters already available to report is fetched using getFilters().

- Previous Date filter from the list of filters is removed. 

- New date filter is added in the list.

- The updated list is passed as a parameter in setFilters() function.

Issue:

This functionality works fine when a new date range is selected. However, when the same date range is selected and user calls the setFilters(), the report does not get refreshed with new data on that range.

When a user clicks on a button to call setFilters() with the filters list same as the previous one, does the report data get refreshed?

I have also tried to call report.refresh() while applying the date filter. Please suggest if this seems to be the right approach or not.

Thanks for the response in advance.

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.