Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

chadbellevue
Regular Visitor

Power BI Embeded Capacity assignment

llHello,

I have  5 workspaces in my PowerBI Embedded account ready for production and I want to assign capacity to it..

I plan to assign Embedded A1 capacity for each workspace..

Is the charge $1 / hr  (as in the doc) assigned per workspace,  meaning will I pay $5/hr for all my 5 workspaces or will I pay $1/hr for all my 5 workspaces?

Please give more explanation..  

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @chadbellevue,

How many A1 capacity did you buy? If you assign the 5 workspace to one A1 node, it will cost only one time. If you buy 5 A1 nodes and you deploy them, it will cost 5 times a time. Please refer to: pricing/details/power-bi-embedded/.

>>>The total cost of Power BI Embedded depends on the node type chosen and the number of nodes deployed. 

Best Regards,

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @chadbellevue,

The Power BI Embedded charges on the nodes you purchase. If you have one A1 Capcacity, the cost will be charged by the A1 capacity price which is $1.0081/hour for now. Please refer to pricing/details/power-bi-embedded/.

>>>The total cost of Power BI Embedded depends on the node type chosen and the number of nodes deployed. 

Best Regards,

Dale

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks for the answer Dale..

So, just to get the definite answer since my boss ask for the total costs:

If I assign the 5 workspaces each with A1 capacity, then total cost will be $5/hrs..

Can you please confirm ?

Thanks

Hi @chadbellevue,

How many A1 capacity did you buy? If you assign the 5 workspace to one A1 node, it will cost only one time. If you buy 5 A1 nodes and you deploy them, it will cost 5 times a time. Please refer to: pricing/details/power-bi-embedded/.

Best Regards,

Dale

Hi, If I buy power bi A1, what does € 0.82 per hour mean? Will they charge me 24h * € 0.82 a day? ie € 12 per day, € 612 per month?
Or is it only charged if they use the report? If I want to buy only capacity to generate the tokens, how do I do it?
thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.