Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

shahvinay194
Frequent Visitor

Power BI Embedding- retain slicer/filter configuration

I have an app which embeds the report by using the concept of user owns data. I want to retain the slicers/filters configuration retained by user without saving the report in my app. Is this possible? The slicer/filter configuration is retained in the service but its not reflected in the embedded report without saving.

image.png

1 REPLY 1
TedPattison
Employee
Employee

If you do not save the desired filter in the report itself, you need to store it somewhere such as a SQL database or in some other media. If the user sets fitlering in the report itself, you client-side code can get he current filter settings by calling report.getFilters. You can take that filter info and save it to a database. Then when that use logs on in a future session, you could retrive that per-user filter state and reapply it o the report.

Is this the type of functionality you are looking for?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.