Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

RomanBeitler
Frequent Visitor

Power BI Embedded plans for Dynamics NAV 2017 or other future Dynamics NAV Versions (Dynamics 365)

Hello Power BI Team,

the release of Power BI Embedded for Dynamics NAV 2017 has beed great news so far. As of now it is possible to embed the Power BI Reports into the role center of the ERP-System and interact with those directly in Dynamics NAV 2017.

What I am curios about now is if there are any further plans regarding the integration/implementation of Power BI Embedded throughout Dynamics NAV 2017 or other future versions like Dynamics 365, Dynamics Financials, etc.?

To be more precise, I am thinking of an implementation of Power BI Embedded-areas for Dynamics NAV page-objects, e.g. Customer (List-/Card-)Page, Item (List-/Card-)Page, etc. where we could place our reports containing information to the regarding topics - actual sales opportunities for the currently selected customer (in Dynamics NAV) or the inventory of the currently investigated item.

Or maybe there are some plans for giving us the opportunity to take influence on the Power BI Reports to be already filtered according to the underlying data in Dynamics NAV - to cue custom/dynamic-urls?

Could you please share some infos about your future plans regarding the abovementioned topic?

Thank you in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Eric_Zhang
Employee
Employee

@RomanBeitler

It is exciting that Dynamics NAV 2017 has an Power BI integrated feature

As of now, Power BI has provided REST APIs and Power BI Embedded, so ideally Power BI reports can be embedded to any web application.

Regarding your question, further plans regarding the integration/implementation of Power BI Embedded throughout Dynamics NAV 2017 or other future versions like Dynamics 365, I'd say on Power BI aspect, it is ready. It all depends on the Dynamics 365 feature development plan, so you may get the answer from Dynamics 365 forum.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Eric_Zhang
Employee
Employee

@RomanBeitler

It is exciting that Dynamics NAV 2017 has an Power BI integrated feature

As of now, Power BI has provided REST APIs and Power BI Embedded, so ideally Power BI reports can be embedded to any web application.

Regarding your question, further plans regarding the integration/implementation of Power BI Embedded throughout Dynamics NAV 2017 or other future versions like Dynamics 365, I'd say on Power BI aspect, it is ready. It all depends on the Dynamics 365 feature development plan, so you may get the answer from Dynamics 365 forum.

Slightly different question than the Topic Starter, but regarding to Power BI Embed functionality for Dynamics NAV.

At our company we use Dynamics NAV 2017, also with Power BI Embedded in the role centre. Now all users are facing the very same problem. This is our Power BI situation:

- We create a workspace

- We create reports in Power BI Desktop

- We publish these reports to the workspace at powerbi.com

- We create dashboards from the report at powerbi.com

- We setup automatic refresh 

- We create an app from te workspace which we share with our whole organisation.

Next we go into the Dynamics NAV client and select lets say only one report (but it doesn't matter, we can select multiple and the issue still persists). We close the client and reopen again. Every, single, time, NAV opens up with a report which isn't even selected. How to fix this?

Also I would like to set up the order in which the reports will be shown and maybe also some kind of option to automaticly switch between reports after x time which I also can setup myself. 

Sounds like a plan to me.

Best regards,

Renco

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.