cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Power BI Embedded how to save money on server

I already have some reports in PowerBI using my PowerBI Pro User account, but I don't want my customers to enter powerbi.com and login with other credentials, etc... because its a pain for them. So thats why i was thinking on PowerBI embedded but reading from other posts seems to be very expensive. Like the basic configuration 750 USD.

So I have the following question to know if this is possible in order to lower the cost to something affordable for us.

My scenario is the following:

Only 6 users for now are going to see dashbarods, 

Based on the pricing per hour for the PowerBI Embedded server A1, it cost $1.008 per hour.

image.png

• If you have it full time it will be: $1.008 x 24 hours x 31 days = $750 USD a month.

But my users they don't need to see dashboards on weekend or at night, so they are just going to see them within a 8 hour frame every day and only weekdays.

• From the above statement, this will be $1.008 x 8 hours x 20 days = $161 USD a month.

Is it possible to do this? Is it possible to control the uptime of the server for PowerBI Embedded?

Hope this is possible because its super expensive paying $750 USD a month.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Get Ready for Power BI Dev Camp

Get Ready for Power BI Dev Camp

Mark your calendars and join us for our next Power BI Dev Camp!.

Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Tech Marathon

Maratón de Soluciones de Negocio Microsoft

Una semana de contenido con +100 sesiones educativas, consultorios, +10 workshops Premium, Hackaton, EXPO, Networking Hall y mucho más!