Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

alexvazquez
Frequent Visitor

Power BI Embedded how to save money on server

I already have some reports in PowerBI using my PowerBI Pro User account, but I don't want my customers to enter powerbi.com and login with other credentials, etc... because its a pain for them. So thats why i was thinking on PowerBI embedded but reading from other posts seems to be very expensive. Like the basic configuration 750 USD.

So I have the following question to know if this is possible in order to lower the cost to something affordable for us.

My scenario is the following:

Only 6 users for now are going to see dashbarods, 

Based on the pricing per hour for the PowerBI Embedded server A1, it cost $1.008 per hour.

image.png

• If you have it full time it will be: $1.008 x 24 hours x 31 days = $750 USD a month.

But my users they don't need to see dashboards on weekend or at night, so they are just going to see them within a 8 hour frame every day and only weekdays.

• From the above statement, this will be $1.008 x 8 hours x 20 days = $161 USD a month.

Is it possible to do this? Is it possible to control the uptime of the server for PowerBI Embedded?

Hope this is possible because its super expensive paying $750 USD a month.

1 REPLY 1
DerMoe
Frequent Visitor

*Push*

A question that is also on my mind right now.

In addition, It would be interesting to know if you can start the service only when you access the dashboard and stop it automatically when you leave the dashboard or when a user has a certain inactivity.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.