Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Power BI Embedded change to use Azure AD App Authentication instead of "Master Account"

I hear that the Azure AD App authentication is in public preview, as a MAJOR upgrade from having to use a master account to communicate with the pbi api.  This is a huge point for us and will want to start looking into this.

Does anyone have any documentation or walkthroughs on this implementation?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Yes, I agree that App-only Authentication will be a huge improvement to the Power BI Embedding platform.

App-only Authentication with the Power BI Service API is currently in private preview. We are waiting for an announcement from Microsoft for a public preview and hoping it will not be too much longer before we see it.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, I agree that App-only Authentication will be a huge improvement to the Power BI Embedding platform.

App-only Authentication with the Power BI Service API is currently in private preview. We are waiting for an announcement from Microsoft for a public preview and hoping it will not be too much longer before we see it.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@TedPattison , thanks again.  We're finally getting to deploying app authentication and everything is going well. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors