Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

dpoleon
Regular Visitor

Power BI Embedded and existing dashboards

Hi,

I understand how to create a pbix file using Power BI Desktop and upload it to a workspace so that it can be embedded into applications but what about reports and dashboards that are already in my Power BI site and were not created using a pbix file, can they be used with Power BI Embedded?

Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

I'm not clear on that, the documentation for Post Import states:

Post Import

The Post Import ooperation creates content from either a PBIX, Excel, package file or file path in OneDrive Pro.

If I were a betting man, my guess would be no at this time. There does not seem to be any relationship at all between the Power BI Embedded Workspace in Azure and the Power BI Service site. So until they provide the ability for the two to talk to one another or they provide an export tool of some sort, I am guessing it would be at the Organizational Content Pack level, I don't see how you would do it.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Sunkari
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

@dpoleon: Could you please attach the sample code if have for this functionality.

Thanks,

Raju

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

I'm not clear on that, the documentation for Post Import states:

Post Import

The Post Import ooperation creates content from either a PBIX, Excel, package file or file path in OneDrive Pro.

If I were a betting man, my guess would be no at this time. There does not seem to be any relationship at all between the Power BI Embedded Workspace in Azure and the Power BI Service site. So until they provide the ability for the two to talk to one another or they provide an export tool of some sort, I am guessing it would be at the Organizational Content Pack level, I don't see how you would do it.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Thank you for your quick reply,

Yes, I agree with what you have said, I just wanted to make sure that I was not missing something, there doesn't seem to be any relationship between the two (i.e. Power BI Embedded Workspace in Azure and the Power BI Service site) at the moment.

Thanks again.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.