Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Power BI Embedded access control

Hi,

I'm trying to figure out how to handle access control from within a custom app using the new Power BI embedded. Auth is handled using access tokens which means I don't have a user context. Does that mean we can't use row level security features? How can this be used in an application that has a security model i.e. users should only be accessing their own data? Or is it all or nothing where all users see the same reports? It would be great to be able to pass in a custom user identifier as part of the access token aquisition that then can be used in RLS somehow.

Also, I'm trying to find the transportation/truck sample you demoed in a video on //build where you showed how to render a report based on a specific truck selected. How is that report parameterized? Is it available on github? Couldn't figure it out by looking in the SDK.

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Got the answers myself in the q&a here https://channel9.msdn.com/Events/Build/2016/B804

Will come in future updates.

Pretty critical functionality... I would be ok with generating individual reports just manipulating the underlying dataset as needed, except the AddRows Dataset method doesn't appear to work yet (Unauthorized).

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.