Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Umram
Frequent Visitor

Power BI Embedded - Usage Based pricing

Hi, Our company is looking to embed Power BI into our application. However, I'm quite confused about the pricing. While, I have gone through the Azure Power BI embedded pricing (https://azure.microsoft.com/en-au/pricing/details/power-bi-embedded/) and I understand that we will be charged based on the tier / node that we select. But, we would like to know if there in an option within Power BI embedded or Azure which will allow us as an ISV to charge our customers (restaurants) based on their usage? For example if a customer A is using the reporting tool more frequently or generating more page renders is charged more compared to the customer B who doesn't use the reporting tool as much as Customer A. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance, Umran
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Umram,

As we can see from the document, Power BI Embedded price depends on the node type and the number of nodes. So even the customer doesn't use it, Power BI Embedded will charge it unless the capacity is paused. 

The question is how you can buy proper capacities for your customer now. Please download the white page from this page

>>>Refer to the “How to plan capacity for Power BI Embedded” white paper for a description of v-cores.

You will find how to forecast the usage and estimate the nodes. Don't worry, you can scale-up or scale-down the Capacity as you need.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Umram,

As we can see from the document, Power BI Embedded price depends on the node type and the number of nodes. So even the customer doesn't use it, Power BI Embedded will charge it unless the capacity is paused. 

The question is how you can buy proper capacities for your customer now. Please download the white page from this page

>>>Refer to the “How to plan capacity for Power BI Embedded” white paper for a description of v-cores.

You will find how to forecast the usage and estimate the nodes. Don't worry, you can scale-up or scale-down the Capacity as you need.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

It needs to be billed on an API-call or volume basis and should be elastic -- like IoT-Hub or Event-Hub -- starting at 0. If I have a great solution in Power BI that I embed and publish, I still do not have a guaranteed set of users and, as such, a significant budget based on users. Also, I cannot predict when my users will use the system (worldwide). Delivering the system and recruiting users/usage for it should be independent of another: usage-based services should start around 0 and ramp smoothly. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.