cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kohder
Frequent Visitor

Power BI Embedded Report Javascript library: Cannot read property 'accept' of undefined

I need some help in understanding how to debug an error on a report which was embedded using the PowerBI-Javascript.

From documentation provided in order to debug errors the following code can be used:

// Add a listener to 'error' events
report.on('error', (errorObject) => {
    const err = errorObject.detail;

// Print error to console
    console.log(`Error occurred: ${err.message}. Detailed message: ${err.detailedMessage}`);
    console.log(err);
});

This functions as expected, but it is producing an IError object with message "Cannot read property 'accept' of undefined" whenever a users interacts with a graph on the report (E.g. clicking on a bar on a barchart). There is however no detailedMessage provided.

What could this message be referring to or where should I start my investigation?

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI User Groups

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

April Update

Check it Out!

Click here to read more about the April 2021 Updates!

secondImage

The largest Power BI virtual conference

100+ sessions, 100+ speakers, Product managers, MVPs, and experts. All about Power BI. Attend online or watch the recordings.

secondImage

Experience what’s next for Power BI

See the latest Power BI innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Top Kudoed Authors