Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Power BI Embedded - Multi tenant and RLS with existing users

Hey all,

Currently I am running a SaaS solution with +/-1.000 users. Their data is combined into one database and the application is multi-tenant. Each client has its own data which should be loaded into the embedded reports. The solution consists out of multiple companies with underlying clients that use the software. For security we need to have something like RLS.

I've been looking into Power BI Embedded for a while, at the moment I have implemented a test version of AppOwnsData. I've added a few roles through the Power BI Desktop, which works.

Apparently I do have some questions.

1. I’m wondering how I can dynamically add users from our current DB to Power BI Embedded without doing that all by hand. We have authorization in our app already.
  2. How do I apply row level security / Roles to those users (tenant id solution?).
  3. How does auto refresh work for reports and dashboards, or is it always Realtime.

I’ve read things like creating a workspace for each tenant. Is that really necessary? It sounds like a lot of manual work.

I'm trying to figure out what the best solution is for my problem. I stumbled on some threads which refer to things like:

- Azure Active Directory

- Azure Analysis Services

- DirectQuery

Can anyone advise me what suits the best and how does it work?

Thanks in advance!

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors