Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

coriben
Helper I
Helper I

Power BI Embedded Mobile View showing double vertical scrollbars

I'm using Power BI Embedded with the Javascript API. The report in question does have a mobile version. For testing purposes, I opened the report in the Android Power BI App and it renders perfectly (only one scrollbar, report centered in the canvas). 

But in the browser, it renders with two vertical scrollbars:

pbi_mobile.png

The code I'm using to embed:

// Values omitted for privacy
		var config= {
			type: this.embedType,
			tokenType: this.tokenType,
			accessToken: this.txtAccessToken,
			embedUrl: this.url,
			id: this.txtEmbedReportId,
			permissions: this.permissions,
			pageView: null,
			settings: {
				filterPaneEnabled: false,
				navContentPaneEnabled: true,
				layoutType: models.LayoutType.MobilePortrait
			}
		};

this.report = powerbi.embed(this.embedContainer.get(0), config);

Am I doing anything wrong?

Thanks in advance.

7 REPLIES 7
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @coriben,

Did you test it on the Firefox? If so, that's a known issue about Firefox. The related report ID: CRI 89387049. If not, please provide more details.

Best Regards,
Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hello and thanks for replying!

No, I tested it in Chrome v 70.0.3538.110 on Windows 10 build 17134

And on Chrome for Android v 70.0.3538.80, on Android 6.0.1.

Both present the problem described above.

But knowing that it's a known problem in another browser is good enough, I think. Think I'll give custom layouts a try.

Thanks a lot!

Hi @coriben,

Did you solve it? I tried it today with the latest version of https://github.com/Microsoft/PowerBI-JavaScript/blob/master/dist/powerbi.js (v2.6.5). It seems good. 

Power-BI-Embedded-Mobile-View-showing-double-vertical-scrollbars

Best Regards,
Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank u so much @v-jiascu-msft , this solution worked for me. I was using version 2.14.0 of PowerBI-Client, so I did it a downgrade to 2.6.5 version. Worked fine!

coriben
Helper I
Helper I

UPDATE

Apparently, setting the report page to something other than "Fit to Width" solves the problem. I gotta know though, can someone from Microsoft confirm that this is the intended behavior? Because it does not look like so. 

Should I file a bug in the API repo?

Thanks!

Hi @coriben if you have the time, I have posted more details about my situation here https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Developer/Power-BI-Embedded-Vertical-Scroll/m-p/2601567#M36964

Hi @coriben I'm having the same problem. Tried all others aside from "FitToWidth", and even removed the pageView setting, but I keep getting in the right side a vertical scroll bar. How did you solved it finally?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.