Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

daykirby
Frequent Visitor

Power BI Embedded Bing Map Limits

It seems like there is a limit to the number of points that the Bing map report will display.

First of all, is this the case, and if so what is the limit?

Second, is there a workaround. This is absolutely a critical business issue for me.

6 REPLIES 6
Eric_Zhang
Employee
Employee

@daykirby wrote:

It seems like there is a limit to the number of points that the Bing map report will display.

First of all, is this the case, and if so what is the limit?

Second, is there a workaround. This is absolutely a critical business issue for me.

Could you be more specific about the visual you're talking about? I'm not aware of any visual called Bing map, the built-in map and filled map visuals actually uses Bing map, though.

I'm also not aware of the mentioned limitation, have your encountered any issue when using Power BI Embedded?

Yes, I'm talking about the built-in map visual, which is a Bing map.

There is definitely some kind of limit, or a bug. I have a map with over 4K markers that doesn't display all my markers (with no filter), but I can add a filter that suddenly displays the missing markers.

@daykirby

Do you mind sharing me the problematic pbix file, so that I can reproduce the issue? After identifying the issue, we'll report it to the product team.

I don't really want to send a pbix file with our customer's data in it. I will send a couple of screenshots. 

Here is a shot of unfiltered markers, followed by filtered markers, which suddenly show new markers. The only thing I'm changing is the filter by clicking on congestion.

unfiltered, with missing markersunfiltered, with missing markersfiltered, showing some of the markers that were missingfiltered, showing some of the markers that were missing

@Eric_Zhang any word on this?

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.