Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Power BI Embed print report

Hi,

I embeded some Power BI report into my application and all works fine. I would like to add print report functionality. My problem is, that when report is not completely loaded and I will try to print this report, it prints incomplete report.

What is the best way to resolve this problem. I think that I have to wait for report  that will fully loaded... But I dont know how...

Thanks,
Martin

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Any updates on my points/questions?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am responding to this thread to just inquire/cross check if support for print functionality for embedded report has been added or not.

My research on web so far says that, there is only a Java Script library (powerbi-client) present, which has an API to print the current page. However, it has many limitations:

1. It prints only current page, not all the pages in a report.
2. It works comparatively better in Chrome browser.
3. Graphics/content in the report gets cut off in Internet Explorer.
4. If report has tabular/grid style data with horizontal scroll bar (i.e. too many columns), then above mentioned JS API only prints columns visible on the screen.

Please let me know if support for print in embedded mode has been added in recent (if I am missing something) or is there any way to overcome above limitations/issues. Hope to hear on my query. Quick replies appreciated.

v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi Martin,

As far as I know, I'm afraid we have to wait for its fully loading. Will that be a long time?

Best Regards,

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Dale,

thanks for your answer. No, not be a long time. Waiting for fully loading is OK, but what can I do if report (or some component) is refreshing? In this time I should not be able to print report. How do I know that report or component start refreshing, to be able disable print?

Thanks,

Martin

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.