Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Power BI Embed Save report with version control instead of overwriting

When I click Save report it overwrites the exisitng report, can i get pervious version and new version from the meta data of Power bI? What if user wrongly update the report and save it and i want to get the old report back? 

PBISaveQuestion.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Dan2
Helper I
Helper I

DNaveens - good question. I wish there was a way to do this. So far the best I have come up with is the initial time a user wants to edit a report in embedded view we ONLY allow the user to do a "Save as" which essentially creates a copy. Then we can allow the user to do a save on the copied report. This is a work-around, as we can only get back to the base version if needed and not each individual save.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Dan2
Helper I
Helper I

DNaveens - good question. I wish there was a way to do this. So far the best I have come up with is the initial time a user wants to edit a report in embedded view we ONLY allow the user to do a "Save as" which essentially creates a copy. Then we can allow the user to do a save on the copied report. This is a work-around, as we can only get back to the base version if needed and not each individual save.

Jayendran
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Happy to help where I can!

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors