Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

waqasarshed

Power BI - Auto Refresh Embedded Tiles in Custom App

I have a Power BI dashboard with real-time input data from stream analytics. The tiles on dashboard refresh automatically in real time and show updated graphs/charts. This works just fine...

However, my requirement is to embed the tile/s in a custom app and I want them to be refreshed in real time. I am new to Power BI so before asking question, I tried to use the sample app code from github and successfully used it to embed a tile in the custom app from my dashboard. But unfortunately, the tile is static and it does not refresh like it does when viewed directly on the Power BI dashboard.

So, just want to confirm if it is possible to have the real time refresh functionality in custom apps for power bi tiles? If yes, how? or any work around to get this done please?

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
Jpadda
Regular Visitor

Hi waqasarshed,

I'm attempting something similar, but can't seem to get the auto refresh to work. My data is in a static table format from stream analytics. I'm sending data that is not sent continually, e.g sales data. When a sale occurs, it will appear in stream analytics and be sent to PowerBI. But when there's no sale, say overnight, I'd expect the continuous stream to show 0.

I can't seem to get this working. Could the reason be that there's nothing for Stream Analytics to send to PowerBI, because there's no sale, so the Power BI engine will not have any stream to process?

Thanks

joshross4

Any luck? I'm looking for a way to set the TTL for datasources like URLs or Web Services.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors