Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

wkmaylish
Frequent Visitor

Power BI Audit Log API - Missing Operations

We use the Power Bi audit log api to capture a long term history of usage for reporting purposes. I pull in all the info for the previous day each morning but have been questioned on why we do not have any operations for AnalyzeInExcel.  Seems to be missing for all of our history.  Is this a permissions issue. I am using a service principal to pull this data. I assume if I can pull data from the audit logs that I should be able get it all. Any help would be appreacited. Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-rzhou-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @wkmaylish ,

According to the offical REST API blog, I think there is no limitation in getting audit log by Power BI Rest API.

I think "AnalyzeInExcel" is named as "Analyzed Power BI report" in audit log. Make sure whether you can find "Analyzed Power BI report" in audit log you got by Rest API.

1.png

For reference: Operations available in the audit and activity logs

Best Regards,
Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-rzhou-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @wkmaylish ,

According to the offical REST API blog, I think there is no limitation in getting audit log by Power BI Rest API.

I think "AnalyzeInExcel" is named as "Analyzed Power BI report" in audit log. Make sure whether you can find "Analyzed Power BI report" in audit log you got by Rest API.

1.png

For reference: Operations available in the audit and activity logs

Best Regards,
Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.