Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

DebbieE
Community Champion
Community Champion

Power BI Admin APIs All returning Response Code: 500

I have tried a few of the Power BI admin APIS (I am Power BI admin on out tenant) and After logging in to try it all i get is reponse Code 500

{
  "error": {
    "code": "",
    "message": "An error has occurred."
  }
}

Just as one example, the one I have just tried is https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/rest/api/power-bi/admin/datasets-get-datasources-as-admin#code-try-...

I have put the correct data set ID found in the URL but the very same response comes back. 

How do I get these working? I am at a loss with them  

5 REPLIES 5
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

error 500 indicates that there is something wrong on the service side, not necessarily with your request. Assuming you have a Pro license you can consider raising a Pro ticket at https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/pro/

DebbieE
Community Champion
Community Champion

great I have raised a ticked. thanks for that

Hi @DebbieE,

Any update about this? If the issue is fixed, could you please share the workarounds? I think they will help others who faced similar issues.

If the issue still appers, please share more detailed information to help us clarify your scenario and test.

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly 

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

It was a really simple issue. I have a personal Microsoft account and a Work Microsoft account and at the time it had switched to the personal account and I couldnt tell till I had fully logged out and gone back in again.

So it was simply a case of the wrong microsoft account being used. very quick solution to this one

HI @DebbieE,

It sounds like related to the auto sign-in feature with saved account conflict when you work with multiple accounts.
In addition, thank you for sharing the detailed scenario and workarounds about your issues.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors