cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Power BI - Access Rights & Permission data

Hey guys,

I've been playing with Activity Log API for a while. I thought that this API could be useful to get data about permission and access for different levels (App, Workspace, Dataset or even Shared Report). Did someone already have similar case? 
In comparison with o365 Audit Log, I found there option to get data related to App permissions (whenever app is created/updated there is data within OrgAppPermision field and this doesn't seem very reliable) but nothing more about other PowerBi stuff like WS or Datasets. On other side PowerBI Rest API has only access info available for WS. How super cool dashboard can be created based on this data + Active Directory. I would like to hear your opinions and ideas.

Best,
Aleksa

Helpful resources

Announcements
June 2020 Community Highlights

June 2020 Community Highlights

Featured community members, changes to the Community, and more! Read up on recent Power BI community news.

Using the Community

Using the Community

Need help with the Power BI Community? Our 'Using the Community' support articles are a great place to start.

Community Summit North America

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow. The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors