Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Ramiz

Power BI API

Hi all,
I am connecting the Power BI in Microsoft Dynamics NAV. I have followed the steps to create a connection between Navision and Power BI. I am facing a problem the API is returning an embedUrl which NAVISION tries to store in a buffer table but the max length of storage is 250 characters and that API is returning more than 250 characters. All the coding is standard in the Microsoft Dynamics NAV. I did connect in the same way 6 months back but now I am facing this issue. Did they update the Api? if so what is the resolution of this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @v-shex-msft ,

The problem was with old version of Microsoft Dynamics NAV. After updating to new version its working fine.

Thanks.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Ramiz,

It sounds like a known issue of spark connector that listed on power bi support page, you can refer to it if it meet to your scenario or tries to contact to power bi team for further support.

Power bi Support 

Spoiler
Power BI customers using Databricks as a Datasource may encounter the following message during refresh: "Conversion from number to string failed due to undersized character buffer". Engineers have identified the root cause as an incompatibility between Databricks versions 6.3 (and above) and the Spark driver used by Power BI service connector. Engineers are working on a fix and expect it to be deployed by end-of-day 07/01/2020.
Workaround:
1) Customers can set configuration “spark.thriftserver.arrowBasedRowSet.enabled false” under Advanced options -> Spark tab in any Databricks version
2) Customers can use versions lower than 6.3 to avoid the issue

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-shex-msft ,

The problem was with old version of Microsoft Dynamics NAV. After updating to new version its working fine.

Thanks.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.