Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

IsabelleCL
Frequent Visitor

Power Automate Visual in embedded Power BI (SaaS)

We have a report in a Power BI application hosted in the Power BI Service. This report is embedded in an iframe of a custom web application, for our organization's internal users only. An Azure AD token is used for authentication.

We have added a Power Automate visual to this report. The Power Automate visual works well in the Power BI application, but does not work in the embedded web page. When pressing the button, the following error is received: Uncaught (in promise) Visual [FlowVisual_XXXXX] is not authorized.

According to the comments on the Power Automate visual announcement, this should work in SaaS embed scenarios such as ours. What do we need to do to get it to work?

9 REPLIES 9
Kavya123
Helper III
Helper III

Hi, 

Anyone has resolved the problem?

dwh
Helper II
Helper II

Hi, I have similar problem. 

Anybody has resolve the problem?

guillouzada
Frequent Visitor

Hi all,

Did anybody found a workaround for this? Still having same issues...

Regards,

integrationsupp
Frequent Visitor

Any Update on this? I am facing the same issue with power bi embedded. The power automate button is giving the same error as mentioned in the main question. 

lanimateo
Frequent Visitor

Hi. Anybody found a solution to this yet?

My company also needs a power automate button to work on Embedded in SaaS but button is also not working unless it's in PBI environment. It's a very important feature for our product so if anybody found a solution or a work around, that would be great! Thanks!

Did you find a workaround for this ?

AlexGurovich
Helper II
Helper II

Hi : @IsabelleCL @joshuaremer @v-shex-msft 

I'm also using "Power BI Embedded2 (SaaS), and want to put a Power AUtomate button in it.

So finally, can Power Automate work in "Power BI Embedded" (SaaS)?? Could you manage to make it work or is there a workaround to make it work?

joshuaremer

I also noticed this error in the Chrome Developer Console Tools when I was trying to click on the Power Visual Button I created in my Power Bi report that is shared on our Organizations Sharepoint Site. The button triggers on the Power Bi Service page and also when I open the report and click the button in Teams.

It's been a few months since this post was uploaded. Did you ever find a resolution to this?

Any help would be appreciated 🙂

Thanks Community,

Josh

v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @IsabelleCL,

After reading that blog, I found this visual seems still in preview.
I'd like to suggest contact to power bi custom visuals team to confirm if this is compatible with power bi embedded features and its backend verifications.

In addition, you can also check its limitation list if your scenario suitable for these limits.

Announcing the new Power Automate visual for Power BI reports | Microsoft Power BI Blog | Microsoft ...
Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.