Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

AlexGurovich
Helper II
Helper II

Power Apps not working in "Power BI Embedded" SaaS (or PaaS as some people call it)

Hi, I have the following problem, hope someone can give me a hand:

1. Here is my Power BI Desktop with 2 different Power Apps in it, that work:
AlexGurovich_2-1640806032816.png

2. Once published to Power BI Service, they both show up, and also work:

AlexGurovich_3-1640806062293.png

3. But, I also have in my own website a Power BI Embedded SaaS (or PaaS, as some people call it). There, the PowerApps don't work. Don't even show up in reality . A message comes up saying "this app isn't working. refresh your browser or try again later".
AlexGurovich_4-1640806088698.png

4. That error has nothing to do with the browser: happens in both Chrome and Edge. Has to do with something related to the Power BI Embedded , becasue as shown above, from a same browser the error doesn't happen in Power BI Service

So the question is: Any clue what's the problem? Power Apps should work in Power BI Embedded Saas......according to my research.

Just in case (and I have no idea if it has anything to do), in all the screenshots above (Power BI Desktop, Power BI Service, and Power BI Embedded) I have logged in with the same user, that has the following licenses:
AlexGurovich_5-1640806121916.png

and the following Apps for those licences:
AlexGurovich_1-1640806001987.png

Thanks in advance,

Alex

2 REPLIES 2
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Hi @lbendlin :

Yes I have gone through that one and other documents. Nowhere is it stated any kind of limitation when using PowerApps visual in Power BI Embedded SaaS, and as you can see, the visual is not even loading in Power BI Embeddes SaaS (while it does so in Power BI Service)

For reference of other people, in the following link is this same post but in the Power Apps Community, where according to some Super Users that have helped me there, it must be something Microsoft must look at.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps/Power-Apps-not-working-in-quot-Power-BI-Embe...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.