Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

PostgreSQL data provider problem

Hello,

I am trying to connect to the posgresql database. I have installed npsql 4.0.10 as it was recommended in the PowerBI docs. It does not work. How can I get the access to the posgresql database ? 

zarebskaAZ_0-1630929825940.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yiruan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Based on this error message screenshot, it appears that this issue is caused by the certification problem on the server. You can refer to the solution in the threads below to try to solve your problem.

PostgreSQL + powerbi desktop connection error

The remote certificate is invalid according to the validation procedure - Connecting Postgres

Client Certificates
If the above solution does not solve your problem, you can use ODBC connector to connect to PostgreSQL as an alternative solution. You can see the details of the steps in the links below.

Connecting Power BI to Postgre SQL Database

An error happened while reading data from the provider. The remote certificate is invalid according to the validation procedure

yingyinr_0-1631168316070.png

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

i have the same probleme can u help me please to solve it ?

in fact in the desktop i visualise the data with no problemes and it exchange with the data base postgreSQL normaly but one i publish it in the siteweb i cant visualise any thing sayin to me that this error :

Erreur sous-jacente: PowerBI service client received error HTTP response. HttpStatus: 400. PowerBIErrorCode: QueryUserError
QueryUserError: DataSource.Error: An error happened while reading data from the provider: '[ccon]The remote certificate is invalid according to the validation procedure.'. DataSourceKind = PostgreSQL. DataSourcePath = hutchinson.ineo-sense.com;ICM. [/ccon]. L'exception a été déclenchée par l'interface IDbCommand.
ID de corrélation: 8267c764-5d00-8cae-5a92-c807aab21ac1
ID d'activité: 9c2ff7f3-e846-47b3-960e-1752b6e6bac4
ID de demande: d6b88234-835d-9ee8-84f5-0af04b100662
Heure: Tue Mar 07 2023 22:22:49 GMT+0100 (heure normale d’Europe centrale)
Version du service: 13.0.20195.63
Version du client: 2302.4.12605-train
URI du cluster: https://wabi-west-europe-b-primary-redirect.analysis.windows.net/

any help pleaaaaaaaaaase 

v-yiruan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Based on this error message screenshot, it appears that this issue is caused by the certification problem on the server. You can refer to the solution in the threads below to try to solve your problem.

PostgreSQL + powerbi desktop connection error

The remote certificate is invalid according to the validation procedure - Connecting Postgres

Client Certificates
If the above solution does not solve your problem, you can use ODBC connector to connect to PostgreSQL as an alternative solution. You can see the details of the steps in the links below.

Connecting Power BI to Postgre SQL Database

An error happened while reading data from the provider. The remote certificate is invalid according to the validation procedure

yingyinr_0-1631168316070.png

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.