Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

dyniel

Platform to host power bi reports

Hi all, 

I am looking for a platform that will allow me to publish power bi reports and share them outside of the organization, ideally with users that don't have Power Bi installed. I came across this A White Label Business Intelligence Platform for Power BI (thereportinghub.com) 

Do you have any other ideas/solutions? 

I would much appreciate any help on this topic.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi again, Dyniel!

Yes, this report I sent to you can be accessed by anyone with the link.

Buuuut...
Yes, theres is a way to create a password to the report:

You must create a "New Parameter" (look at the red circle), and set a interval of options, like 9999 for example, then a new table will be created (look at the blue circle):

HenriqueReis_3-1652715152357.png

After that, I created a measure named CHECK where I defined a var named CHECK1 and made a conditional expression to retur the report, if the person set the correct password, or a page with "Incorrect Password" if the password isn't correct. Notice that I defined the password in the fifth line of the code:

HenriqueReis_4-1652715479003.png

For the last I renamed the parameter box to "password". After I created a action for the Submit box where I set the measure CHECK like the Action(red) function(blue) to define to where the page should go acording with the password (correct or incorrect) the people write.

HenriqueReis_5-1652715924204.png

Here's the link of the new report:

https://app.powerbi.com/view?r=eyJrIjoiNDAxMzliYzQtM2U2My00MjIwLThiNjUtZDM1NTBkZTcxMTgzIiwidCI6ImUyN...

The password is: 1848 (write and press enter, after click in Submit)
If you want you can create a large number of logins with different passwords, in this case I created just one named "Ford" to exemplify.

I really hope it helps you. 🤝

Regards from Brazil!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
dyniel

Thank you very much for all your help. Solved!

dyniel

Ola! Thank you for this tip however this is not an ideal solution for me. To my understanding, this will always be public so everyone with the link can access the report. Is there an option to create some credentials so only people with the password can see the report? 

Hi again, Dyniel!

Yes, this report I sent to you can be accessed by anyone with the link.

Buuuut...
Yes, theres is a way to create a password to the report:

You must create a "New Parameter" (look at the red circle), and set a interval of options, like 9999 for example, then a new table will be created (look at the blue circle):

HenriqueReis_3-1652715152357.png

After that, I created a measure named CHECK where I defined a var named CHECK1 and made a conditional expression to retur the report, if the person set the correct password, or a page with "Incorrect Password" if the password isn't correct. Notice that I defined the password in the fifth line of the code:

HenriqueReis_4-1652715479003.png

For the last I renamed the parameter box to "password". After I created a action for the Submit box where I set the measure CHECK like the Action(red) function(blue) to define to where the page should go acording with the password (correct or incorrect) the people write.

HenriqueReis_5-1652715924204.png

Here's the link of the new report:

https://app.powerbi.com/view?r=eyJrIjoiNDAxMzliYzQtM2U2My00MjIwLThiNjUtZDM1NTBkZTcxMTgzIiwidCI6ImUyN...

The password is: 1848 (write and press enter, after click in Submit)
If you want you can create a large number of logins with different passwords, in this case I created just one named "Ford" to exemplify.

I really hope it helps you. 🤝

Regards from Brazil!

Hi, this is fantastic however I can't make this submit button work. Any ideas? Check.JPGparameter.JPGAction.JPG

Much appreciate your help!

Hello again, haha!

The bottom "Submit" is not going to work because it is not a bottom, it is just a box to write.
We need to create a bottom (because with bottoms we can create actions):

HenriqueReis_0-1652745120985.png

Then, put exactly on top of the box "Submit". This way the people are going to see "Submit" but when they click on it they are clicking on the bottom we put on.

Afterward, we enable the option named "action", we select "Page Navigation" type, and we select the "fx" to set a function:

HenriqueReis_1-1652745472752.png

Inside the function, select your measure, then click OK:

HenriqueReis_2-1652745552104.png

Any doubts, I am available.

If it works, consider give me a like and the "solution".

Regards from BR!! 😉

HenriqueReis
Resolver I
Resolver I

Hi, Dyniel

You should create an account in this website to login in Power BI online:

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/pt-br/

Then you will be able to upload your pbix report by your Power BI desktop, take a look:

HenriqueReis_0-1652611248372.png

(it's Publish)

The next step is to open your report on Power BI online, it is too easy. LooK:

HenriqueReis_1-1652611421091.png

Then you select the report you upload that you want to share, (here are my reports):

HenriqueReis_2-1652611488306.png

Then, you create a link to share your report:

HenriqueReis_3-1652611618175.png

Here's this one:

I hope I help you.

Regards from Brazil!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.