Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Shanmathee
Frequent Visitor

Pie charts tree -It Shows highest value instead of sum

Hi All,

I have used Pie Charts Tree Custom Visual.

It follows the hierarchy  total sales->terminals->category->shops.

I have 4 years of from 2016-2020(Fiscal Year) and In 2021 jan and feb data.

so,the issue is till 2020 the visual displayed correct values i.e total is 31.25M which is divided based on terminals and divided again on category and last by shops.It works for year and month filter.When i filter a particular month also,it works fine 

Here you can find like it shows the sum of sales only,For example in terminal A ,sales is 16.03 M which is sum of Food & beverage 10.9 M and  5.13 M.

Shanmathee_0-1618301355068.png

But this same visual when i try to see the jan and feb data of 2021,it doesnot display correct values.So,in the below image it can be seen that for terminal A, it should show the sum of food and beverage 2.69M and retail 1.8 M,which should be 4.49 M,but it is showing only the value of food and beverage 2.69 M.

Shanmathee_1-1618301661660.png

Also,when i further expand category to view shop level,i am unable to see the data label.It doesnt show the data .i have hidden the shop names for a reason.

Shanmathee_2-1618302097375.png

Could you please help on this?I am unable to find why it doesnt work properly only for jan and Feb of 2021 alone.

Note:There is no error in data,measures ,dax,calculations the same data when i tried with other visual(eg.Table) it was showing proper values.Only in this visual it shows wrong values.

Any ideas and solution to solve this are most appreciated.

Need to solve this problem as early as possible.If you have any idea please let me know even if it is not perfect solution.Thanks.Looking forward for ideas

2 REPLIES 2
v-lionel-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Shanmathee ,

v-lionel-msft_0-1618455188064.png

In other words, after using the month slicer, the total value of terminal A is wrong, right?

v-lionel-msft_1-1618455808084.png

In the table visual, is the total value of the measure correct?

I guess it might be the problem with your measure formula, would you mind providing a sample .pbix file(Remove sensitive data)?

Best regards,
Lionel Chen

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-lionel-msft 

First of all,thanks for taking time to help me on this.

Actually,I feel there would be no mistake in measures because when i use it in other visuals it shows right values. 

Note regarding data:

Initialy i had data from 2018-2020 Monthwise sales.Later i imported the 2021 jan and feb month sales data .Only after this i get mistakes. Values goes wrong when i select jan and feb month.

This happens only in this visual.The same measure when i use it in other visual (Table) values are right.

Only in Pie charts tree it shows error

To add clarity,

In this i have filtered 2021 Oct(Fiscal year),now the values are perfect.it shows the sum of food and beverage and retail as a terminal A  sales value

Shanmathee_0-1618493964016.png

Now when i filter 2021 Jan(Fiscal year),it is not working properly,instead of showing sum it shows the maximum value.

Shanmathee_1-1618494769668.png

The measure i used is Total sales.I have attached the dax formula which i used

Total Sales = CALCULATE(SUM('Appended data'[GROSS SALES]),FILTER(ALL('Appended data'[FY]),'Appended data'[FY]=MAX('Appended data'[FY])))

In short-for 2021 jan the total sales should be 1,758,751(1.76M) but it is showing 1.25 M
Shanmathee_2-1618495113642.png

The same visual when i convert to table it shows right values.(Hidden the shop names)

Shanmathee_3-1618495376322.png

It would be a great help if you could help to achieve the right values.Thanks in advance

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.