Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Almercie
Frequent Visitor

Pie Chart to use % of grand total.

Good Morning Folks, 

I'm stuck in that I want to have my pie chart show visually only the "Top 5" but keep the precentages of all items in that column. My visual is counting a single column of Text. What I would like is for visual below with TOP 5 have the over all percentages, knowing that it won't add up to 100%. 

I've tried to use the built in "% of grand total" function on the visual drop downs. That did not work because once you filter it to "top 5" that top five becomes 100%. 

I'm doing this for the Question "what are your top five templates used weekly"? 

Correct Percentage Correct Percentage

Correct Visual Correct Visual

3 REPLIES 3
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Almercie,

Do these two images show the correct result? If so, please download the solution from the attachment. 

1. Create a column in the table to show up "top 5".

2. Add the new column in a slicer. 

Pie-Chart-to-use-of-grand-total

Best Regards,
Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Unfortunately this will still give me a total of 100% and effectively a toggle switch of "all items or Top 5 items". I'll need the visual to only display the five largest represented items of the column and what percent of the Over All total it is. My work around is to put this in a visual table and hide anything that is lower than row 5.

Hi @Almercie,

How about this workaround? Showing others as one and still keeping the percentage.

ifTop5 =
VAR ranks =
    RANKX (
        ALL ( DimProduct[ColorName] ),
        CALCULATE (
            SUM ( Sales[SalesQuantity] ),
            ALLEXCEPT ( DimProduct, DimProduct[ColorName] )
        )
    )
RETURN
    IF ( ranks <= 5, [ColorName], "others" )

Pie-Chart-to-use-of-grand-total2

Best Regards,
Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors