Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

somoksarkar
Frequent Visitor

Performance Improvemnt_Azure Embedded report

Dear all,

We are using a power BI desktop application to develop the reports and the output is embedded in Azure portal. over the last few days we are experiencing enormous amount of time consumption to render the dashboard. The same is happening in the the report section of power BI desktop application as well. 

Can someone please guide me if there is a step by step solution available in MS Power Bi to debug this issue and identify exactly which query/modelling is causing this please?

Thanks,

Somok

2 REPLIES 2
Eric_Zhang
Employee
Employee

@somoksarkar

What is the datasource? Per my experience, if it is connecting to an Azure SQL DB in a directquery mode, to improve the performance, try

1. Don't use unrestricted measures
  2. Increase the Azure SQL DB performance tier
  3. Use import mode instead.

@Eric_Zhang

I am having the same problems, my scenario is:

* Azure SQL DB

* PowerBI uses DirectQuery

* PowerBI is embedded

* Activated the option for DirectQuery: Allow unrestricted measures in DirectQuery mode

* The dataset is just a sample of the real data and the measures are not complicated. There is a topN in 1 table.

* The same performance problem happens even if the conection is a local DB

* We have already increased the azure SQL DB tier

¿Should I create a tabular model in Azure and conect the PowerBI embedded to this tabular? ¿Is tabular model supported in embedded?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.