Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

goncz
Frequent Visitor

Perform calculation on data from Forms before pushing to Power BI

I want to make a Power BI application that displays data provided from the inputs of a Form. However, I want to perform some calculations on the data provided by the form before providing it to Power BI. Specifically, I want to sum and devide some specific cells in the form.

Is there any Power Automate functionality that does this?

Is it possible (or best) to do this in Power BI? I was only able to perform simple calculations on whole coloumns, not specific cells here.

Safe to say I'm a beginner to Power BI and Power apps in general, so any help is appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

@goncz - It is defintely different than Excel when trying to reference individual cells. For both DAX and Power Query you have to kind of filter down to specific row and then reference the desired cell in that row. But, it can be done. Probably preferrable to do it in Power BI to keep complexity down.  

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

These transforms can be safely done in Power BI (Power Query, to be precise).  No need to use Power Automate unless you really want to.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.