Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

deepakb18
Helper I
Helper I

Passing Query String Parameter to Rest API

Hi All

I have a requirement where I 

1. Need to get data from Rest API and this API need one parameter and that is Userid. 
  2. Report needs to be embedded in .Net Application through App Own & SPN approach 
  3. Userid needs to pass from .Net Application so loggedin User will be able to see their data only. (Requirement & due to Performance)

Question

1. Can we pass UseriD in Rest API Query that is passed as Query String Parameter from application.
  2. I know Parameter can be set by application by REST API but if 2 user will login and will access the report from .Net application  then will both user will get their respective data in embedded application only as we have only one report published in power bi service ? 
1 REPLY 1
v-yiruan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @deepakb18 ,

There are no special restrictions on the parameters used, but the parameters used need to be created and configured in advance.

Rest API With User Selected Parameters As Data Source

Dependent query parameter for REST API

Regarding your other question, different users can view the corresponding data, you can refer to the following documentations to achieve.

Row-level security with Power BI Embedded

Simplest RLS (Row Level Security) on Power BI embedded

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.