Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Mio

Pass values from an Angular app to Power Bi embedded

Hi,

I'm new as a developer and I have an Angular app already developed with Azure environment. The client wants to embed a Power BI report into his app using Power BI analitycs embedded for customers ( he don't want to buy a Premium license). The database that it will be used is an SQL database.

My scenario is : User go to the app put some filters on the app and then want to see the Power BI report updated with those filters.  

It is possible to pass the filters value from an angular app to Power BI and the visuals from Power BI to be automatically updated based on those filters? If yes, how can I do this or where I can find guides.

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @v-rzhou-msft ,

The Control report filters helps me, it's just what I needed.

Thank you,

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-rzhou-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Mio ,

What is the kind of your embed, app owns data or user owns data?

If you use app owns data, you need to move your report into a Capacity before putting it into use.

Embed tokens with Pro or Premium Per User (PPU) license are intended for development testing, so a Power BI master account or service principal can only generate a limited number of tokens. Purchase a capacity for embedding in a production environment. There's no limit to how many embed tokens you can generate when you purchase a capacity.

For reference: How many embed tokens can I create?

When embedding a Power BI report, you can apply filters during the loading phase. You can also change filters dynamically after the report is loaded. For example, you can create your own custom filter pane to match the brand of your application, and automatically apply filters to reports, to show the user specific insights. You can also create a button that when selected, applies filters to the embedded report.

You may refer to this offical blog: Control report filters.

Best Regards,
Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-rzhou-msft ,

The Control report filters helps me, it's just what I needed.

Thank you,

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors