Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anotny
Frequent Visitor

Paginated report parameters not filtering data

Hi,

i am having an issue with pagianted report parameters.

in paginated report I am trying to use DIM table filed as parameter. But this was not filtering the data on FACT table and instead it is giving all the data in FACT table.

in power bi all my realtions from DIM table to FACT table working properly in filtering the data and giving correct results.

After publushing this report to service,

I am trying to replicate same report in paginated report by connecting data source to the same power bi dataset.

please help me how to use DIM table field as parmeter to filter the data.

If i use  fact table field as parameter it is working but I want DIM table field as parameter.

thankyou

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yiruan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anotny ,

Is there any relationship created between the DIM table and FACT table in underlying data source side? It is required that it exist the proper relationship between the DIM table and FACT table. You can refer the following link to create and set the parameter for your paginated report:

Parameterized query

A STEP-BY-STEP OVERVIEW OF PAGINATED REPORTS IN POWER BI

yingyinr_0-1669368184439.png

yingyinr_1-1669368195634.png

Paginated Report - Help With Parameters

I got this figured out. I had pasted the query for the paginated report from the Power BI desktop query in the performance analyzer. That creates a completely different DAX query than if you add your model and drag and drop your columns/measures into the query designer from scratch. Once I did this, the parameters were fine. I did have to include an "ORDER BY" at the end of the query because it doesn't alphabetize them.

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-yiruan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anotny ,

Is there any relationship created between the DIM table and FACT table in underlying data source side? It is required that it exist the proper relationship between the DIM table and FACT table. You can refer the following link to create and set the parameter for your paginated report:

Parameterized query

A STEP-BY-STEP OVERVIEW OF PAGINATED REPORTS IN POWER BI

yingyinr_0-1669368184439.png

yingyinr_1-1669368195634.png

Paginated Report - Help With Parameters

I got this figured out. I had pasted the query for the paginated report from the Power BI desktop query in the performance analyzer. That creates a completely different DAX query than if you add your model and drag and drop your columns/measures into the query designer from scratch. Once I did this, the parameters were fine. I did have to include an "ORDER BY" at the end of the query because it doesn't alphabetize them.

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.