Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

SeSPowerBi
Frequent Visitor

Paginated Reports Embedded Issue with getCorrelationId()

Hello,

I have an app that embedds a Power BI report with Angular. I have run into a problem with retrieving the CorrelationId of paginated reports.

The same code works and retrieves a regular report's embedded correlation ID, however when it comes to paginated it never recieves a value.

Is this a known issue with the getCorrelationId() function that returns the embedded correlation ID?

getCorrelationId(): Promise<string>

let correlationId = await report.getCorrelationId();

It is strange, if I put a breakpoint at the line to check if the correlationId is recieved, the id is then grabbed, but then the paginated report never renders/loads. It is stuck with the Power BI message "loading" on the screen.

3 REPLIES 3
v-yiruan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @SeSPowerBi ,

Please check whether it hit the following limitation in the this official documentation:

• The getCorrelationId function only works after the report is loaded.

report.getCorrelationId()

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hello @v-yiruan-msft ,

thank you for your response. 

It does not look like the limiation was hit. 

I think it has to do with the loading of the paginated report and the time it takes???

Hi @SeSPowerBi ,

Sorry for delay. Please use the following script to retrieve the error log and check whether we can find the cause and get the solution...

dashboard.on("error", function (error) {
    let correlationId = await dashboard.getcorrelationId();
    console.log("Error occurred in embed session: " + correlationId + " Error: " + error.detail.message);
});

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.