Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

PBI Service /Gateway Region

My Enterprise is based in the Midwest region of the US. I did not setup the Enterprise account for the PBI service. When I went to deploy a PBI Gateway I was only allowed to use the default region of US West. Based on this link and those instructions, it appears that my Enterprise placed our PBI datastores in California 

stuswartz_0-1613596489409.png

^ Screenshot of the "About Power BI" page for my account. 

We are looking to optimize the PBI applications we are building and seeing some latency in our runtime with the PBI application after performing many other forms of optimizations (table sort & distribution, turning on referential integrity, analyzing table joins, etc). Our data is stored in AWS in Ohio and our users are in Illinois / Wisconsin. 

My question is this: Should we attempt to change the location of our PBI region to see if this provides faster load times and if so, can my Enterprise create a new tenant to accomplish this? How painful would it be for us to create a new tenant in US east / midwest region? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yiruan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Locate gateways and data sources closer to your Power BI cluster by placing them inside cloud-hosted virtual machines, it may minimize its impact if the network latency is an issue. You can refer the content in the following threads to change or move the region.

How to change power bi service tenant region

How to change cloud server location?

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-yiruan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Locate gateways and data sources closer to your Power BI cluster by placing them inside cloud-hosted virtual machines, it may minimize its impact if the network latency is an issue. You can refer the content in the following threads to change or move the region.

How to change power bi service tenant region

How to change cloud server location?

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors